Equifax allows images (imaged documents) to be uploaded as part of your online dispute. If you will be submitting images with us online, please prepare these documents now before continuing with your dispute. Images are electronic documents such as pictures, photographs, scans, faxes, computer screen prints, output from various word processors, spreadsheets, online file converters, smartphone apps and graphics software. The allowable image formats are: JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF, PNG, GIF and PDF.
Examples of the types of images you may want to supply are:
- Driver's License
- Social Security Card
- Police Report
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Court Order
Please ensure that the image is legible and clear by enlarging as necessary. Also be sure that it includes the complete information that you are intending to supply such as full SSN, Name, Date of Birth or Address. The maximum single image size allowed is 3MB. Only one image at a time may be uploaded but repeated single image uploads are allowed when several documents need to be submitted.
Filenames may contain:
- Letters (a-z and A-Z) and Digits (0-9) and Spaces
- Underscore (_) Dash (-) Period (.)
- Filenames may not contain any other characters.
Each uploaded image will need to be associated with at least one disputed item. For example:
- You may associate one image to one disputed item.
- You may associate one image to multiple disputed items.
- You may associate multiple images to one disputed item.
- You may associate multiple images to multiple disputed items.
Please note, when you upload documents, including a letter, to Equifax as part of your dispute, the documents may be submitted to one or more companies whose information are the subject of your dispute.
You should not upload any of the following material in support of your dispute:
- Any threatening, obscene, pornographic or profane material including any material which may give rise to a possible civil or criminal liability under applicable law.
- Any material which may infringe on the privacy or rights of another.
Equifax Information Services LLC is not responsible for any image content and reserves the right to delete submissions that it, in its sole discretion, deems offensive, defamatory, libelous, obscene or in violation of trademark or copyright laws or otherwise unacceptable.